Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Grandparenting with Grace: Fulfilling His will

It is amazing how God can use others to renew us. I am so thankful for our new Pastor, not that our interim, or previous, Pastor was not inspiring. However, I have really needed these recent sermons.

I had my  next ten years planned, and things fell apart. I was angry. I was bitter. I felt cheated out of time for myself. Yet today when I hear that dear sweet voice telling me I am loved, how can I not just squeeze that precious child? I know what is important. I know what I am being called to do. It may not be what I thought it would be, but it is what He is calling me to do. That is all that matters. My obedience is what He will reward me for, and I am already being rewarded. The blessings abound. My heart cannot hold the love I feel for this child. All I had planned is of no importance.

In the past I have always believed I was ready to do God's will. I wanted Him to be clear, write it out for me so I could please Him and fulfill His plan. It's funny how I thought I was so willing, yet I realize all my life I have been kicking and screaming through what He calls me to endure. What He asks me to accomplish for Him. My prayer today? That I have ears to better hear His whispered requests. That I have eyes that see beyond my own desires. That my hands eagerly reach out to whom He wants me to touch. That my feet are quick to move for His purpose, and that my heart remains open regardless of what life hands me.

Fear can be such an enemy of obedience to God. Yet fearing what "could happen" so robs one of the joy of today. I want today's joy. Fear has no place in my life if I am to do His will. If I am to be Him to others, I cannot fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment