Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Grandparenting with Grace: Feeling Alone



Tuesday, February 7, 2012
There are those days I feel alone. Not lonely, just alone, as if I am fighting a losing battle and there is no relief in sight. Then I look at my grandchild and hear, "I love you Grandma." and I know it is all for a purpose. However, it doesn't change the fact that I am living this alone. There are no reinforcements to relieve me. No matter what I have done for others in the past, they are not required to show me Christian love and support at this time. For to give to another is to be done freely and not out of debt or as re-payment. For when I gave it was not required, it was freely given. But I do wonder, "How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?" (Psalm 13:1). Then again it is not required of God to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment