Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Grandparenting with Grace: God's plan and timing



Wednesday, August 31, 2011
     Today as I did my morning Bible reading God led me to John 21:20-22, 
Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, “Lord, who is going to betray you?”) When Peter saw him, he asked, “Lord, what about him?”
Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” Because of this, the rumor spread among the brothers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”

     This speaks to me saying I am not to be concerned with another's actions, or sin, or how God will deal with them. All I need do is follow Him as He leads me. 

     Also, Acts1: 7-8,  
 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” 

     I am not to know or concern myself with God's plan and timing. I need only trust His Holy Spirit will strengthen me to bear witness to Christ and glorify Him with my actions. 

Also Psalm 1 which tells me in time my tree will bear fruit in its season. I am waiting for the season in which my tree will bear such fruit as will redeem me, answer my prayers and glorify my God.

     Such hard lessons to actually implement into my life. Please pray for me as I humbly seek His direction in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment