Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Grandparenting with Grace: It's been one of those days



Wednesday, June 27, 2012
     Today I tried to mow, the mower broke. I tried to go on a bike ride with my grandchild and my bike trailer tire needs a new tube(?). My van has standing water in it from the rain and smells moldy, and tonight when I wanted to do something with my horses my grandchild wouldn't settle down and go to bed. Some days I just don't understand the unfolding of events. I am so limited in what I can do. Between finances, time, and having a three year-old, there is little of what I had planned on doing actually getting done. Don't get me wrong, I love the child. It is just I see my life as on the downward slide, and limited for time. Oh, don't let me forget the fact I have chipmunks moving into my house. Yes some days it just seems everything goes wrong and life is the pits. Then a little voice says Grandma I love you, and a hug follows and everything is brought back into perspective. Because that is really all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment