Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Grandparenting with Grace: Humorous poem The Pharisee Within Me



Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Pharisee Within Me
I am not a homosexual; I do not drink at all.
I have those catchy Scriptures a’hangin on my wall.
 I go to church each Sunday and praise the name of God,
While during the week I listen to Christians, sing on my ipod.

My children are the best---
Not like the ones across the street.
We’re involved in our church ministry,
With a focus on outreach.

We memorize the Scriptures
They are hidden in our hearts.
We’re careful with who we associate
All for appearance sake.

I live a life as sinless
As is possible, and pray
That God would richly bless me
In my walk of humility.

juliea
Feburary11, 2012



Just a humorous look at the pride lurking within us all.


© Copyright 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment