Monday, October 12, 2015

Grandparenting with Grace: 31 Days of Family Life-storm

Back from a weekend of a much needed adventure with my lovely married daughter. We had a fun time sitting up late chatting around a camp fire and saddling up our horses and riding some awesome trails. The trees were at peak color, the weather fantastic and the company grand.

Now to get on with this 31 days of writing. Today's prompt is Storm.

I love a good storm. Rain. Snow. That's about what I see in Minnesota. I am fortunate, I don't need to worry about Hurricanes, or many tornadoes. But rain with thunder and lightening I love. And snow-blowing wildly about, drifting and crazy-that is spectacular after the storm. Spectacular after the storm.


 I stop and breathe deep after a rain. I walk out in the cool damp air, the ground giving way under my steps. I marvel at the colors, exquisitely  vivid after their drink from heaven. I survey the branches strewn about and gather them for a quiet evening of s'mores. I accept the fierce winds, flashing sparks, and  bellowing thunder as an instigation for renewal.


After the howling cries of the blowing snow, I marvel at the beauty that lies before me. The white intensity glistening, too brilliant for my eyes to behold. Soft wisps of white dancing on the last  breaths of the wind.


 The storms of family and life can be like a good refreshing rainstorm. We can embrace the coming renewal from the storms of life. We can accept the winds to come and the earth to shudder under life's thunder and flashing lights. We can see these storms as a cause for renewal-with our relationships, and with our savior.

We can look for and  anticipate the spectacular of the outcome. We can be in awe of the diamonds in life we are given. The spiritual growth glittering in the sun as fresh snow, sharp and crisp, glitters in the sun lying beneath the frigid air.

Storms can truly bring a spectacular renewal to our lives. We only need to accept the storm, wait it out, and open our eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment